Explore the blog
Freitag, 7. Februar 2020

It's Your Day with Penguin Palace Stamps

- Werbung - 
Hi, everyone!

Today I'm back with a new card I made using lots of products from Penguin Palace.


Here is an overview of the used products:

Happy Track & Field (Chapter 2) stamps and Penguin Perfect Cuts
Congratulations
Cross Stitched and Dots Large Rectangle Overlays stand-alone-dies
Let's Celebrate stand-alone die
It's Your Day Bubble Call-Out stand-alone die

I started by stamping out the cute images and colored them in with my Spectrum Noir Illustrator. I die cut them out with the coordinating Penguin Perfect Cuts.

Next, I cut white cardstock to size for my card base and die cut my layers: 3x die cutting with the largest of the Cross Stitched and Dots Large Rectangle Overlays dies (2x white cardstock and 1x pattern paper). The layer with the pattern paper ran through my Big Shot again with the Let's Celebrate stand-alone die. For one of the die cut white cardstocks I took a grassy boarder die and ran it also through my Big Shot. Now all the layers were die cut and prepared for ink blending.

After coloring out the stamped images, ink blending is my favorite part of card making! I ink blended the grass with worn lipstick Distress Oxide ink. Next, I ink blended the layer that comes behind the die cut Let's Celebrate layer. For this layer I used mowed lawn, twisted citron, picked raspberry and worn lipstick Distress Oxide Inks.


Then I made my sentiments. I wanted to use the "It's Your Day" leftovers from my last Penguin Palace card. Because the "It's Your Day" letters did not stand out strongly enough from the background, I die cut them out of black cardstock again and glued them as shadows behind the letters. Then I cut a little banner, ink blended it with mowed lawn Distress Oxide Ink and stamped "Hooray!" from the Congratulations stamp set onto this banner.


Now it was time to put my card together!I used liquid glue for the 2 layers and the sentiments and adhered the grass and the characters with foam tape to add dimension on my card.


I'm happy with the result and I hope you like my card too!


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Anja
If you like this post, be sure to follow my blog! (Buttons are in the sidebar on the right.) 

Would you like to comment?

@stampinanja

Latest Pins